Monday, November 28, 2005

Georgia's 'X Files'

Last night I met Georgia's (unofficial) UFO and alien investigator. And no, I haven't been commissioned by 'News of the World' for a 'Georgia Alien Abduction Shocker' expose nor have I been drinking too much Georgian wine. Irakli Shonia works at Tbilisi's local water corportion and in his spare time continues the work of his now deceased father who during the Soviet era was Georgia's official UFO investigator at the Institute of Cybernetics. As a teenager Irakli travelled throughout Georgia with his father examining sites where people had reported seeing something odd - be it UFO's, aliens or something unexplainable. Unfortunately, much of his father's research has been destroyed in the war of the early 90's. Next week Irakli has offered to show me archival footage of his father at work, introduce me to some former members of the original research team, and to take me to a nearby site to conduct experiments that his father used to do. Sounds like the Soviets used to take their UFO's as seriously as the Americans... and, with a very sceptical but open mind to this, I'm curious to see some of the objects Irakli has to show me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home